But what if our encounter with evil is not in entertainment, but in reality. In our personal life. This is the scariest evil of them all. A human being who isn’t just cruel, but purely evil. And worst, you can't escape easily because this person may be a neighbor, family member or boss.
Recently, I had my first and hopefully only encounter with someone evil. I thought I was being harsh until a few other people out of the blue mentioned how evil this individual was to them and others. They told me of their personal horror stories. And then, I came upon a blog with an article which perfectly described this individual.
I created a True or False Quiz based on the article’s description of evil people.
1. Aware of doing evil, but actively chooses to ignore it.
2. Obsessed with maintaining their self image of perfection through self deception.
3. Very selective about whom they inflict their evil upon.
4. Going to great lengths to maintain an image of respectability and normality with everyone else.
5. Well liked by the majority.
6. Targets come across as overly sensitive, having a persecution complex, or being crazy.
7. Place themselves in positions of power, or moral superiority.
8. Not feel remorseful about their actions.
9. Well aware of the fact that they are hurting people, and enjoys it.
10. Enjoyment in exercising power over others.
11. Must do exactly what they want at all times or face their anger and hatred.
12. Preyed on people who were vulnerable and trusting.
13. Enjoyed very much making their victims look like the ones with the problem.
14. Attempted to turn some of his victims’ friends against them.
15. Cannot stand to lose.
16. Cannot tolerate any injury to their inflated egos.
I received many suggestions from people on how to best deal with this person. They included hiring a lawyer, white light protection, crystals and old fashioned prayer. Something worked because now I finally have my own happy ending and I am free of this very unpleasant individual.
Anyway, why waste a horrible experience? I’ve decided to turn a negative into a positive. It inspired me to write a short story based on a realistic evil person and the unfortunate new guardian angel assigned to protect her. “Satan's Guardian Angel” is only 99 cents.
The article that I based my quiz was written by Jonathan Timar.